Growing IN Place Symposium
Greening Urban Childhood by Design
Theme: Greening Urban Childhood by Design
• Applying biophilic design to restore biodiversity to cities.
• Engaging children and families in urban ecosystems.
• Designing green/blue infrastructure.
• Managing urban habitats to maximize play and learning opportunities.
• Ensuring culturally equitable nature experiences.
Attendees: Public/private sector practitioners, landscape architects, architects, planners, parks and recreation professionals, teachers and environmental educators, citizen activists, and elected officials – and all professions that work to create urban environments in support of healthy human development.